[Haskell] Beyond ASCII only editors for Haskell

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Tue May 24 05:12:49 EDT 2005

On Monday 23 May 2005 22:48, Mads Lindstrøm wrote:
> It seems to me that the layout conventions work pretty well. I do not
> see much code where it is not used, so generally people must like it.

Please forgive me for taking this as an opportunity to rant about the
single misfeature of Haskell's layout syntax, which is how if/then/else
must be layed out. The problem is that the 'else' must be indented
further than the 'if', so that this:

  if cond then
    on_true
  else
    on_false

usually gives me a syntax error.

Other than this, I like layout so much that I have never actually used
the explicit {;}-notation.

Ben