[Haskell] Re: Haskell users survey--please respond!

Matthias Neubauer neubauer at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 9 05:48:37 EST 2005

John Hughes <rjmh at cs.chalmers.se> writes:

> It should be enough to read the list of options using safe IO, so that
> it is the same when the
> form is processed as when it was generated (which I've now done). That
> leaves open the risk that two simultaneous users may add the SAME new
> tool or country to the list, so it gets added twice, but that I can
> fix up when I analyse the results.

Have you considered using the WASH.CGI.Persistent2 module for that?

For simple server-side state, it usually works pretty well.
(See e.g. Section 7 of Peter's ETAPS tutorial.)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Neubauer                                       |
Universität Freiburg, Institut für Informatik           | tel +49 761 203 8060