[Haskell] Re: Making Haskell more open

Udo Stenzel u.stenzel at web.de
Fri Nov 11 06:22:49 EST 2005

Not that I have any emotional attachment to MoinMoin, which the hawiki
is based on, but...

Ashley Yakeley wrote:
> I would much prefer to use a MediaWiki than
> the existing hawiki. Particularly valuable are the elimination of
> RunTogetherWordLinks and the separation of article and talk spaces.

MoinMoin supports arbitrarily named links, like so: ["anything goes"].
If you set the appropriate check mark in your user preferences,
RunTogetherWords are displayed as Seperate Word for you.  Seperation of
article and discussion is a cultural, not a technical problem.

Till Mossakowski wrote:
> However, I think while you can include images on MediaWiki pages,
> you cannot include documents (like ps or pdf)

MoinMoin supports arbitrary attachments.  Just put a link named
the attachment.  If it is an image, it will even be displayed inline.
However, this feature is currently disabled.  (Why?)

What HaWiki needs is not yet another wiki engine (unless one were
written in Haskell, of course :)), but better indices.  There are too
few ways to get around (I'm always using the search features, but those
should be the last resort, not the first option) and too many orphaned
pages.

Udo.
--
A man always needs to remember one thing about a beautiful woman:
Somewhere, somebody's tired of her.