[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:00:52 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 04:52:30PM +0100, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> IMO, the best solution are newsgroups.  What I dislike with web-based
> communication (webmail, webforums) is that webbrowsing is not as flexible as
> using a specialized software and that you are not free in choosing your
> communication software apart from choosing a webbrowser ??? you have to live
> with the webmail/webforum software installed on the server, independently of
> whether you like it or not.

That's a good point... or points. I also like newsgroups, but I haven't
used them in a while, probably because most of discussions about haskell
take place on mailing lists.

Maybe it's time to register comp.lang.haskell?

Could someone tell me something about fa.haskell? Is it a mirror of
haskell at haskell.org? Can it be used to post messages through NNTP?

> > How about a forum integrated with mailing lists?
>
> Does such a thing already exist somewhere?

Not that I know of.

How about an integrated newsgroup+mailinglist+forum. If we had a
two-way newsgroup+mailinglist integration, people could use it also
as a forum, for example through gmail.google.com. But I don't use
fora, so I probably talk nonsense.

Best regards
Tomasz