[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis at mongers.org
Fri Nov 11 18:26:06 EST 2005

At Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:27:50 -0000,
Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

>   Does anyone have experience of a larger-scale Wiki like this?  (A
>   few people have mentioned MediaWiki to me [MW], but I know nothing
>   about it.) How would we make sure it stayed organised?  And avoid
>   getting screwed up by malicious folk?

The MLton project [MLTON] does this for their home page. It works
tremendously. I currently find the pages where Standard ML is being
bent into supporting functional record updates (Which the standard
sadly doesn't have), printf-style output (Take my word: that is a
mind-bender) etc the most funny to read.

Occams razor suggests that one should maintain organization by having
a page where organization is discussed and security by simple
authentication. It reduces maintenance to the, admittedly boring, task
of add new people to the list of contributers. It would still speed up
change by orders I'd think.

[MLTON] http://www.mlton.org, search the archives of the MLton mailing
list to see when this was done.