[Haskell] Re: Making the haskell.org website more open with a wiki? was Re: Making Haskell more open

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Mon Nov 14 01:35:05 EST 2005

In article <87mzkbp3yr.fsf_-_ at thunderbird.scannedinavian.com>,
 Shae Matijs Erisson <shae at ScannedInAvian.com> wrote:

> My only worry with the current wiki is the licensing. There's no overall
> license required for content contributed, so example code can't be directly
> used in OSS or commercial projects. I'd like to freeze the wiki at some point
> and create a new wiki instance with a sensible license, whether it be BSD3,
> Creative Commons, Gnu FDL, or whatever fits.

One plan would be to freeze hawiki, and create a new MediaWiki-based
wiki on haskell.org that used the BSD3 license (since it seems to be the
standard one for Haskell libraries). People could then carefully copy
across their contributions...

I am willing to help out with MediaWiki if it is decided to go that
route. Prerequisites for MediaWiki are PHP and MySQL.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA