Records (was Re: [Haskell] Improvements to GHC)

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Sun Nov 20 10:50:31 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, 20. November 2005 13:40 schrieb Georg Martius:
> [...]

> 4. Getters for multiple data types with a common field.

Do we need this?  Couldn't this have ugly consequences?  Say, I have a
datatype with a field of a certain name and another datatype with a field of
the same name.  Having a single getter for both fields might be bad if the
fields mean different things.  For example, a "name" and a "name" can be
quite different things.

> [...]

Best wishes,
Wolfgang