[Haskell] cabal and ghcconfigure.h

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 30 22:48:33 EST 2005

I've just run across a problem with my cabal build system -- I'm not yet sure
if this is a cabal problem or a system configuration problem.

I've been developing a package on OSX using the ghc 6.4.1 and cabal from
darwinports.  All is fine and dandy.  However, today I've sucked my darcs
repo down to my machine at home (running Gentoo linux) and now my package
won't build.  (this time with GHC 6.4.1 from portage and cabal 1.1.3)

It halts while apparently running an Alex generated lexer through CPP, with
the error:

ghcconfig.h: No such file or directory

My GHC install has this file at /usr/lib/ghc-6.4.1/include, but it clearly
isn't in the include path that cabal is using.

So the question is -- is this a cabal bug of some kind, or is the gentoo setup
messed up some how?  How should I proceed?

Thanks
Rob Dockins