[Haskell] Realistic max size of GHC heap

Karl Grapone kgrapone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:03:53 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm considering using haskell for a system that could, potentially,
need 5GB-10GB of live data.
My intention is to use GHC on Opteron boxes which will give me a max
of 16GB-32GB of real ram.  I gather that GHC is close to being ported
to amd64.

Is it a realistic goal to operate with a heap size this large in GHC?
The great majority of this data will be very long tenured, so I'm
hoping that it'll be possible to configure the GC to not need to much
peak memory during the collection phase.

Thanks
Karl