[Haskell] Strafunski

Christopher Brown cmb21 at kent.ac.uk
Mon Apr 3 10:41:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use Strafunski with GHC 6.5 and was wondering if
someone could help me. I have all the instances for Term and Typeable
defined for my data types, but when I try to compile with GHC 6.5 I
get lots of "overlapping instance" errors. In particular, it seems
the instances I am using (generated by DrIFT) are clashing with the
ones in Data.Typeable. Is there a way I can fix this?

Also I have heard that it is possible to add "deriving Typeable" to
each data type and I don't need to use the instances I have created.
However, now it complains that it can't find instances for Term - but
I can't derive from Term. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get
Strafunski working with GHC 6.5?

Thanks.

Chris.

Christopher Brown