[Haskell] thread-local variables

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Sat Aug 5 14:18:58 EDT 2006

Sorry to jump into this thread so late.  However,  I'd like to take a moment
to remind everyone that some time ago I put a concrete proposal for
thread-local variables on the table.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe/11010

I believe this proposal addresses the initialization issues that Einar has
been discussing.  In my proposal, thread-local variables always have some
defined value, and they obtain their values at well-defined points.

The liked message also gives several use cases that I felt motivated the
proposal.

--
Rob Dockins

Talk softly and drive a Sherman tank.
Laugh hard, it's a long way to the bank.
       -- TMBG