[Haskell] Using putStrLn/printf from DLL in GUI application

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Sun Dec 3 06:16:45 EST 2006

Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2006 12:07 schrieb Krasimir Angelov:
> withConsole doesn't make much sense. The meaning of
> allocConsole/freeConsole is more like showConsole/hideConsole. You may
> want to show the console from DllMain when the dll is loaded and to
> hide it when it is unloaded. You can't do this with withConsole.

OK, then I misunderstood the meaning of those functions and simply
demonstrated my virtually non-existent knowledge of the Win32 API
details. ;-) I had a quick look into MSDN, and your proposal seems to make
sense then. Nevertheless, a strange naming, but of course it is good to
choose the same names in Haskell as in C...

Cheers,
   S.