[Haskell] unsafeInterleaveST

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Mon Feb 6 15:24:11 EST 2006

Hello Tomasz,

>> is it possible to implement unsafeInterleaveST?

TZ> I hope not. You surely shouldn't be able to implement this function
TZ> without unsafe* functions, because that would break ST's guarantees.

of course. i asked from language/library implementors. and of course
it is already implemented and, at least in GHC, implementation is
just the same as for IO, so if i will be smarter, i can done it myself

TZ> Hell, you would be able to return frozen ST computations from runST!

yes, i want exactly that, for the same reasons why one like the
unsafe getContents implementation. if you are prefer to read entire
files in memory, we are living in different worlds :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com