[Haskell] page renaming on the Haskell Wiki

Davor Cubranic cubranic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:08:16 EST 2006

On 2/21/06, Graham Klyne <GK at ninebynine.org> wrote:
> In making such changes, please bear in mind "Cool URIs Don't Change":
>
>  http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
>
> This isn't to say "don't", but where possible, provide some redirection from the
> old name to the new name.
>
> To be effective, the web relies on stable links, so that references from
> elsewhere don't fade away.  In the end, it is publishers own (presumed) goals in
> publishing to the Web that are compromised if URIs become inaccessible.

Although, while the wiki is still so new, it's unlikely that there are
already links to it so there shouldn't be any harm in moving pages
created before there was a clear naming policy established.
Furthermore, I think that pages that were initially created by mistake
or with misspellings (e.g., "Perforamnce") are fair game for deletion.

Davor