[Haskell] Haskell Performance Resource

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 10 07:46:32 EST 2006

There has been a lot of talk about Haskell performance recently,
particularly in relation to the shootout benchmarks, with many useful
techniques being mentioned.  Some of this information is already
available in various bits of documentation, and some of it is only
emitted in small nuggets by people like me when they are prodded in the
right places (sorry :-).

So I felt motivated to start organising some pages on the wiki where we
can collect performance-related wisdom.  Here it is:

   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_Performance_Resource

The content is quite thin right now, but I hope others will start adding
stuff (and by all means fiddle with the structure too - nothing's set in
stone).  I've added some material from GHC's user guide, and I plan to
move the rest of the performance-related material from there in due course.

Cheers,
	Simon