[Haskell] Re: haskell.org Public Domain

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Wed Jan 11 18:52:21 EST 2006

I wrote:
> Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
>
>> Yes, BSD might be too "restrictive".  So let's put every wiki content
>> under a very permissive license like the one Udo proposed.  Opinions?
>

> Presumably a very permissive license might include the phrase "public
> domain" in any case? Does anyone want to draw one up?

How about this one (from
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Donate_to_the_public_domain>)?

"I, the creator of this work, hereby release it into the public domain.
This applies worldwide.

"In case this is not legally possible:

"I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any
conditions, unless such conditions are required by law."

I'd rather use this than attempt to draw up my own.

--
Ashley Yakeley