[Haskell] page names on the new Haskell wiki

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Fri Jan 27 13:42:54 EST 2006

Hello,

the names of the pages of the new MediaWiki-driven Haskell wiki are often
rather directory names than "article titles" as they are on Wikipedia.  For
example, the page "Books and tutorials about Haskell" isn't named "Books and
tutorials about Haskell" or "Books and tutorials" but just "Books".  Another
example is the GHC documentation page which is named "GHC/Documentation".
Here the slash is used to express a hierarchy as it's done in UNIX path
names, for example.  But Wikipedia uses the slash just where it is used
normally.  For example, the term "I/O" contains a slash and the Wikipedia
article about I/O is named "I/O".

I propose that we stick to the Wikipedia convention and choose page names
which are a short description of the page's topic in normal (English)
language.  Remember, that the page name is not only part of the page's URL
but also displayed as a title on the page and in the window's title bar.

What do you think?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang