[Haskell] Haskell I/O inside: down the rabbit's hole

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 02:59:21 EDT 2006

Hello haskell,

Haskell I/O has always been a source of confusion and surprises for
new Haskellers. While simple I/O code in Haskell looks very similar to
its equivalents in imperative languages, attempts to write somewhat
more complex code often end with a total mess. This is because Haskell
I/O is really very different internally. I'm glad to present our
collective work, the tutorial:

       HASKELL I/O INSIDE: DOWN THE RABBIT'S HOLE
        http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IO_inside

This tutorial is directed toward exhaustive explanation of IO monad
arrangement and details of it's practical usage for building complex
programs.

The tutorial is still growing. Feel free to add your own material or
tell us about questions you want to be answered there. I hope that this
text will address the critical need of comprehensive Haskell I/O manual
and will be especially useful for new Haskell programmers oriented to
develop real-world programs.

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                          mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com