[Haskell] problem building syb-generics

Matthew Pocock matthew.pocock at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 4 07:38:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

I had some trouble getting syb-generics 2.9 to compile with ghc 6.5 (don't
ask - I should probably be waiting for a stable release). I fixed the first
problem by replacing a definition with in-line type info by splitting the
type out, although I am not sure that I have done it right. Can anybody shed
some light on this?

Matthew

Building syb-generics-2.9...
[1 of 7] Compiling Data.Context     ( Data/Context.hs,
dist/build/Data/Context.o )

Data/Context.hs:48:9:
    A pattern type signature cannot bind scoped type variables `l'
      unless the pattern has a rigid type context
    In the pattern: l :: l ()
    In the definition of `pairCtx':
        pairCtx (l :: l ()) (r :: r ()) = undefined :: PairCtx l r ()