[Haskell] Can someone provide a summary of best Sudoku solver times?

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 17:21:49 EDT 2006

I'm not sure if there is a comprehensive timing summay but here are
some different approaches and code you can compile and run on your
machine:

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Sudoku

In fact, if you run them all, you can share your numbers with us and
we can add them to the Sudoku page. And of course you can check the
archives for any threads about it (assuming you can get to each
person's code somehow).

  Jared.

On 7/9/06, Murray Gross <mgross21 at verizon.net> wrote:

> I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could provide a summary of the best
> times recently posted for Haskell Sudoku solvers so I can compare them
> with some experimental code I have.
>
> Since the Sudoku puzzle is incidental to the purpose of my code, I'd just
> like to find out whether or not my current code is working in the
> neighborhood of "the good stuff." Right now, easy puzzles go under in 4 or
> 5 seconds, evil puzzles range from about 12 seconds to just under 2
> minutes on a 650 MHz Duron.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murray Gross

http://www.updike.org/~jared/