[Haskell] Yampa Arcade

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 15:56:59 EDT 2006

Henrik Nilsson wrote:
> Hi Dominic,
>
>  > Does anyone know where the source code for Yampa Arcade can be found?
>
> It's included with the (now very old) afrp-0.4 distribution available
> from
>
>    www.haskell.org/yampa
>
> It's in the examples/SpaceInvaders directory.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> All the best,
>
> /Henrik

Henrik,

Thanks. I tried

ghc --make Main.hs on the code from
http://www.cs.hmc.edu/courses/2006/spring/cs182-3/afrp but got

Compiling ObjectBehavior   ( ./ObjectBehavior.hs, ./ObjectBehavior.o )

./ObjectBehavior.hs:37:56: parse error on input `->'

The code in examples/SpaceInvaders for ObjectBehavior.as is identical so
  I assume that won't compile either. Why .as?

If anyone has got this working please let me know.

I tried making www.haskell.org/yampa but got

[dom at tility afrp-0.4]$ make
make -C src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dom/yampa/nilsson/afrp-0.4/src'
ghc -c  -fglasgow-exts -O -package lang -package concurrent   -o
AFRPUtilities.o AFRPUtilities.hs

AFRPUtilities.hs:169:46:
     Ambiguous occurrence `>>^'
     It could refer to either `AFRPUtilities.>>^', defined at
AFRPUtilities.hs:106:2
                           or `Control.Arrow.>>^', imported from AFRP at
AFRPUtilities.hs:90:0-10

So it looks like the code has rotted a bit. I'm assuming the code from
hmc is in better shape (as it seems to be in a Spring '06 directory and
the compilation got a few modules further) and may have a go at seeing
if I can get it to compile.

Dominic.