[Haskell] Yampa Arcade

Daniel McAllansmith dm.maillists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 16:27:17 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 07:56, Dominic Steinitz wrote:
> I tried making www.haskell.org/yampa but got
>
> [dom at tility afrp-0.4]$ make
> make -C src
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dom/yampa/nilsson/afrp-0.4/src'
> ghc -c  -fglasgow-exts -O -package lang -package concurrent   -o
> AFRPUtilities.o AFRPUtilities.hs
>
> AFRPUtilities.hs:169:46:
>      Ambiguous occurrence `>>^'
>      It could refer to either `AFRPUtilities.>>^', defined at
> AFRPUtilities.hs:106:2
>                            or `Control.Arrow.>>^', imported from AFRP at
> AFRPUtilities.hs:90:0-10

It's pretty straight forward to get it going, at least with GHC 6.4.1.
From memory you'll get the ambiguous errors above for 4 functions in
AFRPUtilities which are now in Control.Arrow and some problems with modules
moving into the heirarchical module namespace.  Perhaps IO and Random?

Just delete the four arrow functions from AFRPUtilities and use the in-builts
from Control.Arrow and import the hierarchical modules.
Oh, and watch your tab size, there is a blend of spaces and tabs at the start
of lines.

Or I can send you a copy of the code I've got here.

Daniel