[Haskell] Re: Speed of ByteString.Lazy

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Jun 29 20:47:11 EDT 2006

chad.scherrer:
>    Wow. 64 times as fast for this run, with almost no effort on
>    my part. Granted, wc is doing more work, but the number of
>    words and characters aren't interesting to me in this case,
>    anyway. I can't imagine (implementation time)*(execution
>    time) being much shorter. Thanks, Don!

Cheers!

Duncan Coutts and I have put in many long hours in improving the
bytestring code over the last 3 months, in particularly the Lazy
bytestring library, and array fusion on bytestrings. You can see here,
http://www/~dons/images/commits/fps-commits.png, some 200 patches a
month :}

Its gratifying to find out that people really use the code :)

-- Don