[Haskell] Haskell Weekly News: March 13, 2006

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Mar 15 19:02:13 EST 2006

sebastian.sylvan:
> On 3/13/06, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> >
> >                       Haskell Weekly News: March 13, 2006
> >
> >    Greetings, and thanks for reading issue 28 of HWN, a weekly newsletter
> >    covering developments in the Haskell community. Each Monday, new
> >    editions are posted to [1]the Haskell mailing list and to [2]The
> >    Haskell Sequence. [3]RSS is also available.
>
> May I just make a request (I do it on the list so that anyone who
> doesn't agree can speak up): Put the HWN in the haskell.org website
> (in the news section). It probably should be trimmed down to the more
> generally interesting things (such as library announcements).
>
> A lot of people wouldn't subscribe to a mailing list for a language,
> but could benefit from these news. Also, it lets a casual visitor know
> that the Haskell community is active (if they see a bunch of news post
> dated a few days ago).

With a view to this I started collecting just the announcements on a
`feed' here:
    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/code/hwn/announce.html

These should serve as a basis for the content, I think.

Now, how would people like these added? 2 or 3 a week will quickly push
some things further down. Any opinions on the format?

-- Don