[Haskell] installing streams library

Chad Scherrer chad.scherrer at gmail.com
Fri May 19 14:40:56 EDT 2006

It sounds like Bulat has gotten some impressive I/O speedups with his
Streams library. I'd like to try this out, but I'm having some trouble
installing it. I'm using GHC on Linux.

My first attempt was looking around on this page:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/Streams

There's a really nice description, but no signs of where to actually get the
library. Eventually (thanks to Google) I tracked down this message:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general/13625

>From here I was able to download it, but there's no information regarding
how this needs to be set up. There are directories "Data", "Examples", and
"System", which I assume are supposed to be plugged into the hierarchical
module structure, but how do I do that? I thought this might have something
to do with Cabal (I've not yet used that), but the Cabal manual talks about
a .cabal file, which doesn't exist here.

Does this follow some standard approach that I'm not familiar with? Where
should I look to learn more?

Thanks,
--

Chad Scherrer

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana" -- Groucho Marx