[Haskell] FW: A history of Haskell

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 25 07:51:05 EST 2007

[Sorry to spam you, but I got the URL wrong.  Darn!]

Many of you will know that Paul Hudak, John Hughes, Phil Wadler and I have been working on a paper called

        A History of Haskell: being lazy with class

which will appear at this year's ACM SIGPLAN History of Programming Languages Conference (HOPL-III) San Diego, California, June 9-10, 2007.

It's finally done!  You can get a copy here:
        http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/history-of-haskell/index.htm

We warmly thank all those of you who helped us get it done; I hope we remembered you all in the acknowledgements!  (If not, let us know.)

It's in copy-editing now, so if you spot typos, please drop us a line.

Simon