[Haskell] [Fwd: Re: Computer Language Shootout]

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 18:21:49 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 08:55:37AM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> > Clean has also declined in these benchmarks but not that much as Haskell.
> > According to John van Groningen Clean's binary-trees program in the previous
> > shootout version used lazy data structure which resulted in lower memory
> > usage and much faster execution. That was removed by the maintainer of the
> > shootout and replaced by a much slower one using strict data structure.
>
> Why was this done?

Careful about your attributions! The passage you quoted was from
Andrzej Jaworski's message that Simon forwarded, and was not written
by Simon.

(I don't know the answer to your actual question, but maybe answers to
it should go to haskell-cafe?)

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made