[Haskell] [Fwd: Re: Computer Language Shootout]

Andrzej Jaworski himself at poczta.nom.pl
Fri Jan 26 18:39:09 EST 2007

Hi John,

Laziness is a double sword. In case of Clean it worked for it, I don't know
however if the same was behind shooting Haskell in the foot in the recent
Language Shootout. The example of a genetic algorithm that I gave and those
that I wanted to spare you (from inductive functional programming or
inferring molecular structures) point into the opposite direction. It is
often about last moment heap blow-up on large data sets but not always.

In cases where it is manageable it surely could be learned but first it
should be understood, classified and taught. Perhaps optimizer like MLton
could even be designed. They have already coined name Haskellton for this...

Cheers,
--Andrzej