[Haskell] Who pays for *.haskell.org machines?

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 05:55:43 EDT 2007

The haskell.org Summer-of-Code mentors are pleased to announce that
money earned from the 2006 Google SoC (by the organisation, separately
from student earnings) is now being spent for the community's benefit in
maintaining the
    www.haskell.org
web server.  Previously, the server was kindly supported by Paul Hudak's
academic grants at Yale.  The server continues to be hosted at Yale, but
is now being paid for directly by us, the Haskell language community.

In addition, we are in the process of setting up a separate server called
    code.haskell.org
which will offer project hosting to the Haskell world at large, along
similar lines to darcs.haskell.org except open to anyone, and again
funded by our Summer-of-Code activity.  The details are still being
finalised, so watch out for a fuller announcement.

We are again participating in the 2007 GSoC, which will generate more
income, which will eventually of course also go to furthering the
Haskell community's aims.

Many thanks to Galois for handling the SoC financial arrangements, not
to mention that they also host
    darcs.haskell.org
out of their own pocket.

Regards,