[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Harpy -- run-time code generation library

Martin Grabmueller magr at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri May 18 04:20:53 EDT 2007

Anatoly Yakovenko schrieb:
> Any plans for ARM/Thumb machine code generation?

Currently: no.  It would be possible to support other
architectures by adding appropriate backend modules,
but currently, the library is not really prepared for that.

One reason is that we only develop for x86-machines (and don't
own any ARM machines).  The other is that currently more than
90% of the code are machine-dependant.

For the future, we'd like to be able to support more architectures,
but it's not very high on our priority list.  Maybe interest
of others could change that...

Best regards,
  Martin