[Haskell] Image manipulation

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:39:35 EDT 2007

Laziness plays a big role in real world image processing. Typically,
in applications like Apple's Shake, you build a dataflow
representation of the image processing operations you wish to perform,
and the final result is computed lazily so as to reduce the amount of
computation. For example, if you blur an image, and then zoom in on
the top left corner, then only the top left corner will be loaded up
from the original image (assuming your image file format supports
tiled access). You still work on tiles or scan-lines, rather than
individual pixels, so the laziness has a 'coarse' granularity.

But I'm not sure if this is what the original poster was talking about.
--
Dan

On 10/29/07, jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr