[Haskell] Re: RE: Extensible records: Static duck typing

Barney Hilken b.hilken at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 18 16:53:26 EST 2008

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
> Date: 18 February 2008 21:32:29 GMT
> To: haskell at haskell.org
> Could you be more specific? Which proposals exactly do you mean and
> where
> can I read more about them?

Hlist is one of the ones | was thinking of. Two more are "poor man's
records" a.k.a. Data.Record.hs, whose author certainly believes it
should be the basis for the new system, and my own system,
downloadable from http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.hilken/files/Records.hs

There is a discussion of the various possibilities on the wiki
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ExtensibleRecords
which you are encouraged to contribute to!

Sorry about the lack of response on cafe, but I only read that when
people say they are moving their discussion there.

Barney.