[Haskell] Re: on starting Haskell-Edu, a new education-related Haskell-related mailing list

Bayley, Alistair Alistair.Bayley at invesco.com
Fri Jul 11 09:04:35 EDT 2008

> From: haskell-bounces at haskell.org
> [mailto:haskell-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Benjamin L.Russell
>
> The only issue is the name of the new list, though:  it would seem a
> better idea to keep the name mnemonic and short, with the suffix
> following "Haskell-" within three or four characters.  Typing
> "haskell-beginner at haskell.org" seems a bit of a hassle;
> "haskell-edu at haskell.org" seems much better.

(as I approach the bike-shed, paint-tin and brush ready...)

Is there a requirement that the name be prefixed with haskell-? We have
cabal at haskell.org, gui@, libraries@, etc. So why not just
beginner at haskell.org, novice at haskell.org, or noob at haskell.org?

Alistair
Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is