[Haskell] Re: on starting Haskell-Edu, a new education-related Haskell-related mailing list

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Tue Jul 15 17:38:03 EDT 2008

Benjamin L.Russell <DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com> writes:

> In that case, how about the following, more detailed charter:

> "Beginner-level discussion about primarily non-research-oriented
> topics

This part is good.  Friendly and inviting - nothing scary here.

> serving the needs of non-computer-science students of Haskell
> wishing to focus on Haskell as a language for learning programming as
> part of a well-rounded liberal arts education"

.. but I don't quite understand the rationale for this.  Why the
restrictions?  It seems strange to me to have a list named
"beginners", but disallow e.g. comp.sci. students or people learning
Haskell as a non-first language.

But perhaps I misunderstood the intended purpose?

-k