[Haskell] Current maintainer of the VTY package?

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Fri May 30 00:38:08 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:36:15PM -0500, Corey O'Connor wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anybody know the current maintainer of the VTY package?
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/vty
>
> I have a patch to resolve an issue I was running into while using the
> Yi editor. I attempted to Stefan O'Rear <stefanor at cox.net> but
> received no reply. The suspicion is that he is no longer the
> maintainer of this package.

Fate of the message: Filed while trying to think of the best way to put
my response, then forgotten.

Current maintainer of vty: You.  I wrote vty some time ago because I
needed terminal IO for a roguelike project and could not get curses to
act in a sane way; then a while later I did a different project in
Haskell, and the Obvious Thing To Do was translate my understood
library.  #haskell persuaded me to release it, and I regret this greatly
- jyp picked up vty for use in Yi, and now I'm stuck maintaining a
library I neither use, care about, nor to any great extent remember how
it works.  I'd dearly love to get this thing off my shoulders - will you
take it?  There is definitely a need.

Stefan