[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: colour 0.0.0

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Tue Oct 21 20:12:05 EDT 2008

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/colour-0.0.0

I hope for this library to become the standard colour library for Haskell.
Most software does not properly blend colours because they fail to
gamma-correct the colours before blending.  Hopefully by using this
library, Haskell programs dealing with colour blending will avoid this
problem.

I am making an early release of my colour library to get some feedback. I
am especially interested in getting feedback on the interfaces: should
functions be renamed, should functions be moved, etc. Should I put black
and white colours into Data.Colour?  Which is better form making a colour:
(sRGB r g b) or (sRGB (r,g,b))?

Bug reports and any patches are also welcome.  Be warned, I haven't
extensively tested this library yet.