[Haskell] Re: Current XML libraries status

Uwe Schmidt si at fh-wedel.de
Fri Oct 24 06:44:12 EDT 2008

Hello Krasimir,

> Thanks to everyone who answered. HXML still seems to be the best for me. It
> is fast and it has good Arrow interface. It is also a small and simple
> library. I tried also HXT with this example:
>
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/HXT#Getting_started:_Hello_world_example
>
> but it just died with out of memory. HXML just works. I have not tried the
> Light XML library because it doesn't provide Arrow interface.

What you can try with HXT is to use the readDocument arrow
with the option to use the tagsoup parser for parsing.
Then HXT really does lazy input. And there is a memory optimization
for sharing the strings representing element and attribute names.
But there is no DTD processing and no validating functionality with tagsoup.
Most efficient input encoding is ISO Latin1 (or ASCII).

Cheers

  Uwe

--

Uwe Schmidt