[Haskell] Re: Hi-res/vector version of logo?

Eelco Lempsink eelco at lempsink.nl
Sat Apr 11 04:02:57 EDT 2009

On 11 apr 2009, at 07:00, Don Stewart wrote:
> brian.sniffen:
>>> Sure, I'm happy to convert the PSDs (available in the src/
>>> directory,
>>> here [1]) into SVG, but I will have to do so through tracing them in
>>> InkScape unless somebody has another solution.
>>
>> Many of those are on one basic template.  I have no expertise to
>> advice on the choice of greys, but I do like MetaPost.  I have
>> created
>> a basic metapost encoding of your logo7, and placed it at
>> <http://evenmere.org/~bts/haskell-logo/>.
>
> Here's a traced bezier curve (inkscape) of the potrace result:
>
>    http://galois.com/~dons/images/logos/logo-bezier.svg
>
> And now it is easy to play with:
>
>    http://galois.com/~dons/images/logos/logo-pastel.svg
>
> Next step would be actually turn out some badges/logo/icon images to
> be
> used on haskell.org ...

Cool!  Actually, Jared Updike is already working on doing that
programmatically.  He made an Asymptote (http://asymptote.sourceforge.net/
) script that can also generate the different variants (lambda on top
or not, etc.) which he hopes to turn into a Haskell-to-SVG+ASY program
soon.

Stay tuned! :)

--
Regards,