[Haskell] Re: ANN: haskell-src-exts 1.0.0 rc1 (aka 0.5.2)

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 20:59:02 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce to you haskell-src-exts-0.5.7, which is truly
the first *real* release candidate for 1.0.0. By real, I mean that I
could consider releasing it in this state. It is feature complete,
fully documented, and has no remaining known bugs. But before I do,
I'd like to run it past you all one final time. Please help me test
it!

Via cabal: cabal install haskell-src-exts
Via darcs: darcs get http://code.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts
On hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-src-exts-0.5.7

Changes from 0.5.6:
=====================

Two small bug fixes:

* Fixed a bug in the parser productions that made SCC pragmas
virtually unusable. Note that this fix includes a change in the AST
for expressions.
* Fixed a bug in the fixity mangler where some subexpressions were left out.

Three new "features":

* The partial 'unParseOk' is removed in favor of the total
'fromParseOk', which throws an error if the parse failed.
* Defined 'glasgowExts' as the set of extensions enabled by GHC's
-fglasgow-exts. You might typically want to use it together with
'parseFileWithExts', to get -fglasgow-exts as a default (since
haskell-src-exts doesn't take OPTIONS_GHC pragmas into account).
* Complete haddock documentation for the whole package.

Please, help me one last time! :-)

Cheers and thanks,

/Niklas