[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: jhc 0.6.0 Haskell Compiler

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon Mar 16 22:39:44 EDT 2009

Hi, I am pleased to announce jhc 0.6.0, It has been a long time since an
official release, so there have been a lot of changes. Jhc is an
optimizing haskell compiler that focuses on creating fast and portable
code. Jhc is still mainly of interest to jhc hackers and developers than
the general haskell public, but it is starting to see use in embedded
development with haskell so I decided to make more public announcements
of major releases in the future.

some links:

The jhc homepage:
http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/

Installation Instructions:
http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/building.shtml

The jhc manual:
http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/manual.html

And I am happy to announce, there is now a yum repository*  for jhc and my
other projects (such as DrIFT), so if you use an rpm based linux
distribution, you can keep up to date with jhc official releases by
doing:

    ; rpm -i  http://repetae.net/yum/repetae-repo-1.0-3.noarch.rpm
    ; yum install jhc

A couple recent changes:

jhc now comes bundled with the 'containers' and 'applicative' library
making it much easier to compile many haskell programs out there.
(Data.Graph, Data.IntMap, Data.IntSet, Data.Map, Data.Sequence,
Data.Set, Data.Tree, Control.Applicative, Control.Arrow,
Control.Category, Data.Foldable, Data.Traversable)

signifigant speed and resource usage improvements in compilation time.

transparent cross compilation support for creating windows programs on a
unix box. (or iPhone/Nokia Tablet/etc..)

If you are interested in jhc development, please sign up on the jhc
mailing list here: http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/jhc

        John

* I would love to get proper 'deb's and BSD packages built also
  automatically, if anyone wants to help with this, please join the list
  and let us know.

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈