[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: The Haskell Platform

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed May 6 01:52:31 EDT 2009

We're pleased to announce the first release of the Haskell Platform:
a single, standard Haskell distribution for every system.

Download the Haskell Platform 2009.2.0 installers and specification:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

The Haskell Platform is a blessed library and tool suite for Haskell
culled from Hackage, along with installers for a wide variety of
systems. It saves developers work picking and choosing the best Haskell
libraries and tools to use for a task.

What you get:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/contents.html

With regular time-based releases, we expect the platform will grow into
a rich, indispensable development environment for all Haskell projects.

Distro maintainers that support the Haskell Platform can be confident
they're fully supporting Haskell as the developers intend it. Developers
targetting the platform can be confident they have a trusted base of
code to work with.

*Please note that this is a beta release*. We do not expect all the
installers to work perfectly, nor every developer need met, and we would
appreciate feedback.

You can help out by packaging the platform for your distro, or reporting
bugs and feature requests, or installing Haskell onto your friends'
machines.  The process for adding new tools and libraries will be
outlined in coming weeks.

The Haskell Platform would not have been possible without the hard work
of the Cabal development team, the Hackage developers and maintainers,
the individual compiler, tool and library authors who contributed to the
suite, and the distro maintainers who build and distribute the Haskell
Platform.

Thanks!

-- The Platform Infrastructure Team