[Haskell] Looking for a new HWN editor

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 07:16:27 EDT 2009

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 19:34:24 -0400, Brent Yorgey
<byorgey at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:

>On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 05:26:08PM -0400, Brent Yorgey wrote:
>> Executive summary:
>>
>>   * I'm looking for someone to take over as HWN editor
>>   * It is highly automated and doesn't take as much time as you might
>>     think (about 3-4 hours/week on average)
>>   * You DON'T need to be a Haskell guru
>>   * It is far from a thankless job and is a fun way to provide an
>>     appreciated service to the community!
>
>The position has been filled!  More details to come.

Wow!  That was a quick decision!  Most Haskell users probably didn't
even have time to read the announcement before the position was
filled; I certainly did not.

Well, since this position has already been filled, there's probably
not much that can be done (other than ask the new editor and hope that
he/she is understanding), but just to give a fair opportunity to all
Haskell users, if the editor changes again, it may be helpful at least
to give everybody an opportunity to read the announcement and apply
for the position.

Just my two cents....

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/