[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: Haskeline 0.6.2

Ahn, Ki Yung kyagrd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:00:10 EDT 2009

Judah Jacobson wrote:

> With this release, thanks to much appreciated feedback and suggestions from the
> community, Haskeline's features become more competitive with its C
> alternatives.  Improvements include:
>
>  * A multitude of new emacs and vi bindings:
>      http://trac.haskell.org/haskeline/wiki/KeyBindings
>  * A new preference 'historyDuplicates' to remove repeated history entries
>  * Recognize PageUp and PageDown keys
>  * Compatibility with ghc-6.12
>  * Correct width calculations for Unicode combining characters

Oh, this Unicode width calculation sounds great!  This was the only
reason I needed readline and stay away from haskline.  If this works
properly, I no more nead to depend on readline for line input.  I think
this is a very good news for any mutibyte charset users.  I'll try to
replace readline in my memscript utility to haskline and come back to
report the results.  Thanks for your work on this!

Ahn, Ki Yung