[Haskell] {darcs,hackage,cvs}.haskell.org, monk.galois.com

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Jan 22 07:40:18 EST 2010

Hi all,

As you may be aware, the server monk.galois.com has had hardware
problems recently, and has now been replaced with a new server
abbot.galois.com (thanks to the summer of code people for buying the
replacement, to Galois for hosting it, and for Galois's sysadmin Paul
for setting it up). The names
    darcs.haskell.org
    hackage.haskell.org
    cvs.haskell.org
now point at abbot instead of monk. When SSHing to any of these names,
you will be told that the SSH key has changed. The new key is
    97:f2:f1:55:a8:2d:c0:13:28:df:03:95:f8:f2:f1:2d

The major services should already have been moved to abbot. However, we
are taking the opportunity to do some housekeeping, so haven't moved
absolutely everything across. In particular, some things may be better
hosted on http://community.haskell.org/ but have been on
darcs.haskell.org for historical reasons.

monk will be taken offline in a month's time, so before then can you
please:

If you have an account on monk.galois.com, log in and copy anything you
wish to keep from your home directory.

If you need an account on abbot and don't already have one, e-mail me
saying what you need it for.

If you are responsible for anything in
    http://old-darcs.well-typed.com/
then:
If you think it should stay on darcs.haskell.org, e-mail me saying why.
Otherwise, please take a copy of it (you can also access it by SSHing to
monk.galois.com and changing to the /home/darcs directory) and let me
know so that I can mark it as dealt with.

If you see any other problems with the new server, or anything else
missing from it, let me know.

Thanks
Ian