[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: vorbiscomment 0.0.1

Chris Wagner christopher.t.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:16:16 EDT 2010

I'm happy to announce that I have packaged up my first Haskell library,
vorbiscomment, which allows for reading of "Vorbis comments" from Ogg
Vorbis files.  The code is rugged and surely buggy, but any feedback,
patches, etc. are more than welcome.

I do have a specific question in releasing this, and you can respond to
my personal email address if this mailing list is not appropriate for
discussion, but I'm wondering where my library's functionality should
live within the module hierarchy.  At present, I have simply placed it
in a top-level "Vorbis" module, but this is surely not the proper place
for it.

And another quick note: I hope to create a wrapper library for general
meddling with audio-file metadata.  This would allow for reading/editing
ID3, Vorbis comments, etc. all through a standard interface.  With my
vorbiscomment library and the "idiii" library available on HackageDB,
the two most important tag formats (to me, anyway) are already covered.
If anyone has any comments regarding this idea, please let me know.
(Again, the question of where the functionality should live in the
module hierarchy comes to mind...)

Thanks,
Chris Wagner