[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: jhc 0.7.5

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Jul 21 23:50:32 EDT 2010

Announcing jhc 0.7.5! This mainly fixes some bugs that came up in
peoples testing of 0.7.4 and includes a lot more libraries in the
standard install and better standards support.

  http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/

Any testing people can do with the new garbage collector -fjgc would be
greatly appreciated! As far as I know, this release has no regressions
when using the new GC, so it will be enabled by default if I get no
reports of problems with this release.

Major changes

 * The Garbage Collector now fully supports the Windows, OSX 10.5 (leapord),
   and OSX 10.6 (snow leapord) targets.
 * Lots of libraries, now that I have a somewhat general script to
   cut through the cabal the following are now included with the default
   install
     - haskell98
     - flat-foreign (CForegin, etc..)
     - jhc
     - base (not the same as ghcs base, close enough for most tasks though)
     - applicative
     - containers
     - Diff
     - html
     - HUnit
     - pretty
     - safe
     - smallcheck
     - utility-ht
     - xhtml
 * updates to base libraries to bring them closer to haskell 2010 and ghc base.
     - updated Functor and Applicative
     - added Debug.Trace
     - added a few functions in h2010 not in h98
 * support for adding valgrind annotations to generated source for
   debugging the RTS.
 * support for having the generated code annotate every heap location with
   useful profiling/debugging info. useful for debugging the RTS.
 * support for passing --win to the regression test driver to run all the
   tests cross-compiled for windows.
 * The Big HsName cleanup, finally got rid of old alegebraic HsName in favor
   of abstract Name and its faster operations, faster typechecking/frontend and
   code simplification opprotunities result.
 * improve the selftest.
 * bug fixes

        John