[Haskell] How to contact OpenGL package maintainer (where is Sven?)

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:45:35 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Don Stewart <dons00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note, there are some issues, as this is a package in the Haskell
> Platform, to do with upgrading and dependent packages. We should talk
> first about issues there.

An older version is in the HP, but Johan pointed out to me in a private
email that the latest version is not in the HP.  Here are the results of my
research into that:

I'm not finding much in the way of reasons why the *Raw packages were not
added or why OpenGL/GLUT were not updated.

There are these:
http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/157
http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/158

That's a request for the latest version of GLUT and OpenGL.  I found those
via the archives but the threads are empty and no comments on the tickets.

Magnus created those tickets as a result of this thread, I believe:
http://projects.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-platform/2011-February/001401.html

Is that the thread in your memory?  Perhaps it was this one?
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2009-June/011920.html

That one turned into a discussion of the module system.

I added a proposal to add OpenGLRaw, but no one commented on it:
http://projects.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-platform/2011-March/001506.html

Based on that, it seems that Magnus wants the packages updated, and I'd like
to see the *Raw packages added to the platform.  I don't see
any dissenting public opinions on the libraries list or on the trac, other
than tickets #57 and #58 that make a case for removing OpenGL and GLUT
entirely from the platform.  Tickets #57 and #58 seem to be old though.

If you have more information or I overlooked something, please let me know
:)

Thanks,
Jason