[Haskell] Open PhD and PostDoc positions at Marburg University

Klaus Ostermann kos at informatik.uni-marburg.de
Thu Aug 11 11:56:18 CEST 2011

ear all,

we are happy to announce that  we have new openings at the PhD and
PostDoc level. The Programming Language and Software Technology
Group, headed by Klaus Ostermann, conducts research dedicated to
developing new technologies that help to construct high-quality
software in a productive way. We use and develop an exciting set of
technologies involving functional, object-oriented, domain-specific and
aspect-oriented programming languages, software product lines, parser
technology, language-integrated queries, static and dynamic software analysis,
type systems, and many other topics. For more information consult
http://www.uni-marburg.de/fb12/ps/

We offer positions with a lot of freedom to choose and develop
research topics, few obligations, collaboration with a very strong
group of researchers, competitive salary, and opportunities to develop
a strong academic career path (e.g. by founding their own junior research
group).

For the PostDoc positions, we expect applicants to have demonstrated
scientific excellence in areas related to our own research. For PhD positions,
we expect evidence of the potential for scientific excellence. Knowledge of
German is not required; the communication language in our
group is English.

Marburg is an attractive small "student town" right in the center of Germany.
We are only an hour ride away from Frankfurt Airport, which will
bring you to many destinations worldwide in a single hop.

To apply for a position, please send informal inquiries to Klaus Ostermann
(contact data can be found on our website).
We are flexible with regard to the starting date, but generally the
sooner the better.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Klaus Ostermann on behalf of the PS group at Marburg University
http://www.uni-marburg.de/fb12/ps