[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (21st ed., November 2011)

Janis Voigtländer jv at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Sun Dec 4 08:49:40 CET 2011

On behalf of all the contributors, I am pleased to announce that the

            Haskell Communities and Activities Report
                  (21st edition, November 2011)

is now available in PDF and HTML formats:

   http://haskell.org/communities/11-2011/report.pdf
   http://haskell.org/communities/11-2011/html/report.html

Many thanks go to all the people that contributed to this report,
both directly, by sending in descriptions, and indirectly, by doing
all the interesting things that are reported. I hope you will find
it as interesting a read as I did.

If you have not encountered the Haskell Communities and Activities
Reports before, you may like to know that the first of these reports
was published in November 2001. Their goal is to improve the
communication between the increasingly diverse groups, projects, and
individuals working on, with, or inspired by Haskell. The idea behind
these reports is simple:

   Every six months, a call goes out to all of you enjoying Haskell to
   contribute brief summaries of your own area of work. Many of you
   respond (eagerly, unprompted, and sometimes in time for the actual
   deadline to the call. The editor collects all the contributions
   into a single report and feeds that back to the community.

When I try for the next update, six months from now, you might want
to report on your own work, project, research area or group as well.
So, please put the following into your diaries now:

finding time to report on their work. If you are a member, user or
friend of a project so burdened, please find someone willing to make
time to report and ask them to "register" with the editor for a simple
e-mail reminder in April (you could point me to them as well, and I
can then politely ask if they want to contribute, but it might work
better if you do the initial asking). Of course, they will still have to
find the ten to fifteen minutes to draw up their report, but maybe we
can increase our coverage of all that is going on in the community.

Feel free to circulate this announcement further in order to
reach people who might otherwise not see it. Enjoy!

Janis Voigtlaender
<hcar at haskell.org>