[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: haskell-src-meta 0.3

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 04:49:04 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce the recent release of haskell-src-meta 0.3.

haskell-src-meta is a package originally written by Matt Morrow to
provide a translation from the syntax tree provided by
haskell-src-exts to template haskell syntax. Essentially this allows
TH code to be parsed from a string, and is used in several quasiquoter
libraries.

The biggest reason for 0.3 is support for GHC 7 and TH 2.5. In
addition to that, there is also better support for inline pragmas, and
a smaller API. The original haskell-src-meta had a lot of neat ideas
all in one place, and while they were quite useful, they were also
irritating to maintain and made the version number unstable (keeping
in line with the PVP). In an attempt to address this, I've moved the
two most useful quasiquoters to their own new package -
applicative-quoters - and moved the rest to an unexported 'examples'
directory. I intend to do more to reduce the exposed API, but I
thought I would make this release as soon as possible so that my
reverse dependencies could start building again.

I welcome contributions and contributors. This package is not in any
real sense "mine" so I am happy to grant committer access to the
github or joint maintainership to anyone with an interest in doing so.
If you find bugs, there is an issue tracker, or if you want to discuss
issues, there is a wiki:

https://github.com/benmachine/haskell-src-meta

Yours,

Ben Millwood